SELECT A COLOR TO CHANGE THE PARTITION IMAGE
Phenolic Bathroom Partitions
When you need your public restroom to look upscale and survive heavy wear, consider phenolic bathroom partitions. Phenolic is a heavy-duty plastic made from fused sheets of fiber and decorative laminate. It’s treated with a phenolic resin to create a compact, rigid structure. The laminate can be printed with a variety of unique patterns.
Attractive and durable, phenolic bathroom partitions add premium quality to any bathroom. Even in an area that sees heavy foot traffic, phenolic is built to last. The material holds up, even on game days that see 75,000 fans, and provides a premium experience for guests.
Benefits of Phenolic Core Partitions
Our black core phenolic partitions offer a host of benefits. Phenolic is one of our premium partition materials, with the stall price starting at $700. They’re a fantastic investment in quality, design and durability. You’ll find phenolic to be a vandal-resistant material that’s easy to clean and maintain. Some of the other benefits of phenolic core partitions are:
- Aesthetic: The manufacturing process of phenolic allows for many unique patterns. Weathered Ash, Burnt Strand and Washed Knotty Ash all give our partitions a natural wood grain texture. You can also select from mineral-inspired Graphite Graphix, Folkstone Celesta or Neutral Glace. We offer a total of 13 neutral tones to choose from. These colors pair well with neutral or white walls and can tie together a room painted a brighter hue. Besides color, our phenolic partitions also have an attractive beveled edge.
- Vandal resistance: The resin-impregnated phenolic core can withstand daily use. The smooth surface is easy to clean, and it’s rated high for vandal resistance. You can often find it in schools, public transportation hubs and other locations that have frequent vandalism issues.
- Ease of maintenance: The construction of phenolic keeps its surface very clean. The phenolic-based resin bonds the sheets of kraft paper, so mold and dirt will not wedge themselves into the surface. The plastic is also naturally resistant to germs and easy to clean. You can keep phenolic partitions clean by wiping them down with a mild liquid soap. If your bathroom is in a humid environment, such as near showers, you should use proper ventilation.
- Moisture resistance: Like most plastic materials, phenolic is rated highly for moisture resistance. The phenolic resin treatment gives the compacted paper a moisture-blocking seal. Phenolic is often used in pool houses, showers and any building situated in a humid climate.
- Durability: The construction of phenolic partitions makes the final product stiff and impact resistant. It’s one of the longest-lasting materials we offer, with a manufacturer’s warranty of 25 years. Phenolic partitions stay rust-free and are protected against de-lamination, breakage and corrosion.
Phenolic toilet partitions combine the sturdy sheet and resin design with heavy-duty hardware. The product has several features, including:
- Reinforced quality material: Phenolic is an impact-resistant material that will last up to 25 years. The resin-impregnated fiber sheets are compacted into a 3/4-inch thick unbendable material. The design can outlast slammed doors and other abuse for years to come.
- Vaulted self-closing hinges: Attractive wraparound vault hinges are made from a heavy-duty die-cast aluminum alloy. The bottom hinges have gravity acting cams to ensure self-closure.
- Slotted keeper: The strike and keeper that comes standard with phenolic stall doors has a satin chrome-plated finish. It meets ADA requirements and allows for emergency access. In an emergency, you can access a stall by lifting the door until the strike is cleared of the slotted keeper.
- Vandal-resistant fasteners: The fastening hardware used in installation comes with machine screws and theft-resistant barrel nuts. They have a special driver that nearly eliminates unauthorized removal. Still, they have an easy installation process.
- Easy-stall shoes: The easy-to-install pilaster shoes are rigid and sleek stainless steel. In a standard installation, the shoe anchor keeps your supports plumb with 2,770-pound pullout strength. The easy-stall shoes have an adjustable leveling bolt and true concrete anchor screws.
Phenolic bathroom stalls and privacy screens can be customized to the dimensions of your bathroom. Here are the technical specifications for each part of the stall:
- Construction: The doors, panels and pilasters are made from solid phenolic, with kraft fiber sheets and resin fused at a high temperature. The core is made from black phenolic. The material has smooth, beveled edges that are finished and polished.
- Doors: The phenolic stall doors are 3/4 of an inch thick. The door’s opening can be as narrow as 22 inches and as wide as 36 inches, which is appropriate for an ADA-compliant stall. You can install the inches on either the left or the right pilaster, and create either an inward or outward door arc. The doors should be mounted 12 inches above the floor.
- Panels: The panels are slightly thinner than the doors and pilasters, with a thickness of 1/2 inch. They can be customized to a variety of depths. You can choose from a partition depth as shallow as 36 inches or as deep as 78 inches, to fit the dimensions of your bathroom. The panels should be aligned with the doors, mounted 12 inches above the floor.
- Pilasters:The pilasters have the same thickness as the doors — 3/4 inches thick — to ensure a flush closure and that the slotted keeper can be secured. For a floor-to-ceiling mount, the pilasters have a maximum height of 120 inches. For a ceiling-hung installation, they have a maximum height of 108 inches. The supports require X bracing at any length above 96 inches.
- Privacy screens: Wall-hung phenolic privacy screens come in three standard heights: 42 inches, 48 inches and 58 inches. Their minimum depth is 18 inches, and their maximum depth is 57 1/2 inches. Any depth 27 1/2 inches and above requires a pilaster or post support, which adds 2 1/2 inches to the total.
- Pilaster shoes: The stainless steel shoes feature the easy-stall shoe system. They are three inches tall and have a satin finish
- Stirrup brackets: The mounting brackets for the standard floor anchor/overhead brace configuration are stainless steel with a satin finish. They have stainless steel machine screws and theft-resistant barrel nuts.
- Mounting style options: There are four mounting options available for phenolic restroom partitions. They come standard with floor anchored/overhead braced mounts. Depending on your ceiling height and the construction of your bathroom, you can use alternative mounting styles. Choose from floor mounted, ceiling-hung and floor-to-ceiling mounting styles.
Request Your Free Quote for Phenolic Partitions Today
Are you ready to see what beautiful, sturdy phenolic partitions can do for your commercial restroom. Get started with One Point Partitions today by requesting your free quote. Using our pricing tool, you’ll also be able to design a customized floor plan of your new bathroom. We also offer a complimentary bathroom design consultation and mockup.>
You can feel our premium phenolic material between your fingers by requesting free color samples. You’ll be able to match the color to the rest of your bathroom’s interior for a professional, inviting look. If you have any questions about phenolic or any of our other bathroom partitions, feel free to send a message to one of our helpful service representatives.