Last updated on February 19th, 2020 at 08:38 pm
Public Bathroom Partitions
Public bathrooms often get overlooked when it comes to design, but their appearance and longevity is as important as their functionality and neatness. People may not realize it, but they notice the public bathrooms they use, and there’s more to an appealing bathroom than just cleanliness.
When designing your new bathroom, the types of partitions you choose can have a bigger impact than you might think. It’s important to know which material is best for your project, and its pros and cons, to ensure that you get the most bang for your buck.
The expert team at One Point Partition is available to give you as much or as little guidance as you need. From helping you figure out how to choose public bathroom partitions that are right for you to providing free samples and expert layout advice, we’re here to ensure that you get exactly the bathroom you seek at an affordable price.
Choose the Right Partition Material
Partitions for public bathrooms may all look the same, but they’re far from it. Which one you choose depends on several factors, including what sort of traffic it will see. For example, plastic is better for an environment with high humidity, such as a bathroom for a pool.
If you’re unsure how to choose public bathroom partitions, ask yourself the following:
- What is the budget?
- How much traffic is expected?
- Is the bathroom located in a place with excessive moisture?
- What’s the aesthetic goal?
Once you have a clear answer to those questions, then you can move on to begin choosing the bathroom partition material that best fits your needs. One Point Partitions offers five options.
Stainless steel bathroom partitions give your restroom a sleek, minimalist look that never goes out of style. It’s the most costly option when it comes to bathroom partition materials, but it’s also the most durable and the longest lasting.
- Pro: Resistant to vandalism and able to endure heavy wear and tear, stainless steel is the best option for high-traffic bathrooms. It’s the top choice for any industry, and its timeless elegance makes it adaptable to any environment, from small staff-only bathrooms to large luxury bathrooms.
- Con: The cost is often a hindrance since it is double the price of some of the other options. However, it’s important to look at stainless steel partitions as a long-term investment that will last you for years to come.
Phenolic core partitions are made from multiple layers of paper pasted together before being covered in phenolic resin. Once hardened, the resin acts as an excellent barrier against dirt and mold.
- Pro: Their longevity is second only to stainless steel. And, like stainless steel, phenolic core partitions can withstand high traffic and potential vandalism while putting up with any other sort of damage that comes their way.
- Con: Phenolic core partitions are the second-most expensive, but just like stainless steel, they should be seen as a long-term investment that will last you for many years.
As the name suggests, solid plastic bathroom partitions are made of plastic panels that are 1-inch thick. This high density polyethylene is heavy, strong and holds up against direct moisture contact.
- Pro: This material is one of the most durable options, making it perfect for high-traffic areas like schools, and its warranty is 25 years long.
- Con: While extremely sturdy and well-suited for almost any public bathroom, this material is limited when it comes to aesthetic. Though it’s available in 16 different colors and can be easily cleaned and maintained, it isn’t always the most attractive. Examine your goals for your bathroom and see just how highly aesthetic ranks.
Plastic laminate partitions are made from a piece of particleboard that has been laminated on either side, making it a lighter and more affordable option that allows for customization.
- Pro: Sturdy, low-cost and durable, plastic laminate partitions for public bathrooms are also available in 48 different colors and patterns.
- Con: Because of the use of glue in these partitions, they are best suited to areas that are dry and free of excess moisture. If you’re looking to design a bathroom for a pool or gym, these partitions may not fare as well as other options.
The most inexpensive options when it comes to public restroom partitions, powder-coated steel partitions are made using two metal sheets glued to either side of a piece of honeycomb cardboard. Then it is coated in colored powder — we give you a choice of 15 different colors — and the powder is baked into the steel.
- Pro: Because it’s lightweight, this material is the most cost-efficient option and still provides strength and sturdiness. The material is durable enough to withstand corrosion and most vandalism, plus it’s a popular choice for many, thanks to its affordable cost.
- Con: Like the plastic laminate, powder-coated steel partitions are best used in areas where there is a low risk of humidity or other moisture. Shower or locker rooms will keep this material from living up to its potential, but a cool, dry area will help it last for years.
Design Your Public Bathroom Partitions
Once you’ve decided which material best suits your new bathroom, you can start designing your new space. The team of experts at One Point Partitions can give you as much or as little help as you need.
Use Our Layout Program
If you’ve already got a clear idea of what you want for your new bathroom and have decided on the materials and colors to use, we encourage you to take advantage of our online bathroom layout submission option.
Just upload any photographs or sketches you have, along with your choices for materials and your contact information, to create a scale replica of your proposed bathroom.
If you need a little help visualizing a layout, try our three-step partition planner, which walks you through your options when designing a public bathroom layout.
There is no cost to use the layout program, and we’ll use your final replica to provide you with an accurate quote for the project.
Use Our Team
If you have some idea of what you want your new bathroom to look like but are unable to bring it together, our team of experts is ready to help you create your bathroom partition layout.
Our experienced professionals will help you decide which materials, colors and finish are best to bring your vision to life. We then provide you with detailed dimensions of your design so you can see exactly what your new bathroom will look like.
Installing Your New Partitions
All of our bathroom partitions are made to be easy to install.
We provide detailed instructions and videos to assist you in installing your new partitions.
However, if you need further help or just have questions, our team is always happy to assist you via phone, email or our online messaging system.
Get Your Free Quote Now
We want you to be confident in and pleased with your decision and gladly offer the initial consultation and design layout for free.
We are proud to support our country and its workers, so we ensure that our products are made in America, making them affordable, trustworthy and of high quality.
We also offer free samples as a no-cost obligation to help you get your project from the drawing board to completion. Get in touch with us to request a free quote and start bringing your designs to life.
Use Our Pricing Tool
Try out our new pricing tool and get prices without the wait in 3 easy steps!