Last updated on April 6th, 2020 at 02:48 pm
We don’t often think about bathrooms, but your commercial restroom is a place your customers and employees frequently visit. A clean, well-designed restroom can go a long way in projecting a strong reputation for your business. If you’re remodeling or building a new public bathroom, you’ll need to consider the details.
At One Point Partitions, we’ll help you create the perfect bathroom for your property. You can work with our experienced support team to find the partitions that are right for you and design a bathroom that fits your architecture.
Toilet Partition Materials
The first step in the toilet partition purchasing process is to decide what type of partition you need. We offer five materials, each designed to last and look great. You can select from powder-coated steel, laminate, solid plastic, phenolic and stainless steel. Each has a unique construction and a host of benefits for your commercial or public restrooms.
1. Powder-Coated Steel
Powder-coated steel is our most inexpensive partition option. These partitions feature a honeycomb cardboard core sandwiched between panels of steel. The steel’s powder coating forms a protective layer that is resistant to abrasions and corrosion and is easy to clean.
The honeycomb core also offers a lightweight construction and keeps costs down. Though the material is affordable, it doesn’t sacrifice durability. It’s resistant to chipping and graffiti, making it a reliable option in an area that experiences mild vandalism. It’s also environmentally-friendly since powder coating doesn’t give off the same fumes as liquid paint. This material is not recommended for a location with high humidity.
For a highly customizable partition material, choose a laminate partition. These toilet partitions have a dense particle board core with a shell of sturdy laminate. Our Moisture Guard™ laminate partitions offer improved durability over standard laminate. Our Edge Banding technology replaces the black lines found on most laminate partitions and gives our partitions an attractive beveled edge. While laminate partitions may not be suited for wet environments, Moisture Guard™ protects against splashing and has an industry-leading warranty.
Laminate material is the next step up in price, with options starting at $375 per stall. Choose from nearly 50 laminate color options to complement any bathroom design you can dream up. You can match any decor preference with bold colors or rich textures.
3. Solid Plastic
For a sturdy bathroom partition that lasts for years with very little maintenance, select solid plastic. As the name implies, these partitions are thick plastic all the way through. They’re tough, with fantastic vandal and moisture resistance. They’re perfect for any bathroom that can’t be checked often or that experiences lots of graffiti. Solid plastic partitions are also fantastic for humid environments, such as shower rooms and pool houses.
These stalls come in 16 color options, and they have a raised texture that makes them difficult to mark. Solid plastic partitions have a mid-range price, starting at $450 per stall, and have the highest warranty of any of our partition materials.
For a unique construction built to last, consider phenolic core partitions. These deluxe bathroom partitions are made from many layers of fused paper that become stiff and dense under a phenolic resin treatment.
This material offers 13 beautiful color options with a selection of textured neutrals and solid colors. Phenolic partitions start at $700 per stall. As a long-lasting material, these partitions offer great value. They’re tough with high vandal resistance, wet climate suitability and ease of maintenance.
5. Stainless Steel
Stainless steel offers a timeless, sleek appearance and is perfect for any professional-looking restroom. These partitions feature a lightweight honeycomb core with stainless steel panels. Stainless steel is also resistant to corrosion, rust and vandals, making it an excellent option for bathrooms that need to look good and last.
Stainless steel partitions start at $700 per stalland offer a superior aesthetic and premium material. Since stainless steel won’t scratch, it stops graffiti and will always look polished. This stall type works well for churches, restaurants, commercial properties and more.
Once you select the material that makes sense for your restroom, you have to design your restroom. Many bathroom layouts need to follow ADA guidelines. Some need room for urinals and privacy partitions.
The design of your restroom will depend on the number of toilets you need, the floor plan you select and the room dimensions.Our design experts can mock up your bathroom and help you find an arrangement that works best. Our convenient online floor plan and pricing tool can help you design your bathroom partition layout based on the necessary components:
- Number of toilets: First, you can input the number of toilets you need. We have pricing options and layouts for a single-stall restroom and plenty of configurations for multiple stalls. You can also select matching privacy screens for any urinals you want to include in the design.
- Floor plan: Next, you can select one of our ready-made floor plans. You can choose an ADA-compliant design or find one that fits your needs.
- Room dimensions: Finally, you can adjust the dimensions of the stalls you need. Measure your room to make sure you have the necessary space for the number of toilets you want. Input the custom dimensions of your bathroom for a comfortable fit.
Installing Toilet Partitions
Another factor to consider in your partition selection process is the mounting style. You can select your preferred method depending on the partition material you choose and the structure of the room:
- Floor anchored and overhead braced: This mounting style works in almost any space. The pilasters, or supports, are fastened overhead to an aluminum support beam. The columns are securely fastened with a metal shoe that’s mounted to the floor. An overhead brace is an excellent option for a bathroom with high ceilings. All our partitions can be mounted with a floor anchored and overhead braced configuration.
- Floor anchored: Pilasters are anchored to the floor and do not extend above the height of the door in this anchor style. The stalls have no overhead support and rely on metal shoes for stability. For this style, you’ll need a concrete floor and the ability to penetrate at least 2 inches into the floor to secure the pilasters. Every partition material except for solid plastic can be floor anchored.
- Ceiling hung: In this installation method, pilasters are mounted to the ceiling rather than the floor. Since the supports don’t extend below the bottom edge of the doors, the entire floor is accessible for easy cleaning. You’ll need structural ceiling supports to secure your restroom stalls this way.
- Floor to ceiling hung: In this mounting style, the pilaster supports are secured to the floor and the ceiling. It’s quite a durable anchor since it relies on a concrete floor and structural ceiling support. Shoes secure the pilasters on both the floor and ceiling.
When you place an order with One Point Partitions, you’ll experience our personal service and fast delivery times first hand. Once your partitions have arrived, you can install them with ease. You may choose to work with a contractor, or you can follow our self-guided installation instructions.
Get a Free Quote and Samples From One Point Partitions Today
When you’re ready to kick off your partition design project, fill out our form to receive a quick, free quote. One of our design specialists will take it from there to answer your questions and help you design a bathroom for your commercial property. If you’re stuck between material or color options, ask about our free samples. Samples allow you to view our partition materials in the lighting and atmosphere of your existing bathroom and feel the durability and quality of our materials for yourself.
Your quote, samples and design consultation are all complimentary, with no obligation. All our toilet partitions are made here in the U.S. We take pride in keeping hardworking Americans employed and having complete control over our supply chain. If you’re ready to get started, contact us today. We’re always happy to help!Get a Quote