How Much Space Should Be Between Urinals?
The specifications for urinal design are outlined in the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) to ensure that everyone, no matter their abilities, has facilities available to them. These regulations define various measurements related to urinals and their stalls, including the space between urinals. Understanding these requirements is one of the first steps to a commercial bathroom remodel, and designing your urinal partitions to ensure your compliance as well as your ability to serve all customers.
Urinal Design Requirements
The urinal design regulations set forth by the ADA follow:
- Between urinals: There should be about 12 inches of space between urinals to allow room for the partition and space for users to stand.
- Front lip: The front lip of a wall-mounted urinal should be a minimum of 13.5 inches away from the wall and 17 inches from the floor. It should have an elongated rim.
- Flush controls: Flush controls can be automatic or hand-operated at no higher than 44 inches off the floor.
- Mounting: Urinals can be in stall form or wall hung, as long as they’re situated in a way that meets their particular measurement requirements.
- Stall space: In front of the urinal, there needs to be an open area of 30 inches by 48 inches. Stall doors cannot open into this space. The partitions can be up to 12 inches off the floor and up to 60 inches tall. They should extend at least 6 inches past the front of the urinal.
Whether you are doing the remodel yourself or hiring a bathroom remodel contractor, at least one installment must meet these requirements to be ADA compliant.
Choosing a Urinal Stall
Partitions between urinals offer customers privacy and improve restroom cleanliness, which is why many business owners choose to install them. The urinal stalls at One Point Partitions are not one size fits all — you’ll receive a custom-made solution that meets ADA requirements and exceeds your expectations. No matter what material you choose, you’ll find that it’s high-quality and made right here in the United States. We have five different material options that are durable, easy to clean and well worth the investment:
- Powder-coated steel
- Solid plastic
- Stainless steel
Each of these materials has dozens of color options, and some have various textures to choose from. You can select a shade that matches your business branding, creates a particular environment or coordinates with the rest of your design.
If you are project managing a bathroom renovation and want expert advice on your restroom configuration, our team will provide a free design consultation, helping you create a custom mockup that meets your expectations and budgetary requirements.
Order Your Urinal Partitions From One Point Partitions Today
If you need urinal partitions in your renovated or upgraded restroom, One Point Partitions has what you’re looking for. When you order partitions from us, you’ll enjoy dedicated customer service along with a vast selection of materials made by one of the largest partition manufacturers in the country.
Start your project with One Point Partitions today by contacting us online. We’re here to help in your building or renovation project and give you the restroom partitions you need!